WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE COMMONS IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY?
RE-DISCOVERING THE COMMONS May 7th - 18th 2012
Initiating Coach/Tutor: James Quilligan, Founder of The Global Commons Trust
Reports from seminars 1-11 will lead to 12 : REPORTS - FINAL REVIEW - CONTINUITY
THE QUILLIGAN SEMINARS
May 7th Christ Church SE1 9DP 14:30-17:30 'HOW CAN WE DEMOCRATISE THE GLOBAL POLITICAL COMMONS?'
May 8th Hof Commons, Portcullis House, Committee Room
11:00-13:00 'POLITICAL ECONOMY AND THE INCLUSIVE COMMONS'
May 9th . St John's Waterloo - opposite Waterloo Station
18:00-22:00 'RESTORING THE COMMONS OR TERMINAL DECLINE'
May 10th Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales [ICAEW]
18:00-22:00 'FINANCIAL INNOVATION AND THE COMMONS'
May 11th School of Economic Science
18:00- 21:30 'WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE COMMONS IN A NEW ECONOMY?'
May 12th Yet to be announced Digital Commons 'CULTURAL AND DIGITAL COMMONS'
May 13th St James, Piccadilly - 11o/c Dialogue Sermon in the Eucharist
13:30-17;30 'COVENANT, STEWARDSHIP & THE INCLUSIVE COMMONS'
May 14th New Economic Fdn Time/Venue to be advised 'THE GREAT TRANSITION AND THE COMMONS'
May 15th Civil Society Forum Time /venue to be advised'BUSINESS PRACTICE AND 'THE COMMONS'
17:30 - 21:00 'COMMONS AND COMPLEXITY - can the new field of complex systems help us manage the commons better?'
May 17th Working in Trust Time/Venue to be announced'TRUSTEESHIP AND THE COMMONS'
May 18th FINAL ASSESSMENT Evening - Venue to be announced School of Commoning
"Review SEMINAR REPORTS" - agree ways forward in systemic surges as the
EMERGENCE OF THE COMMONS BASED ECONOMY [CfCE]
James Quilligan as a renowned commons theorist/activist and policy analyst developing insights about managing local and global Commons demonstrates how in a Commons-based Economy :
- consumers become the producers of their own resources
- trusts set a cap on the extraction and use of a resource to preserve it for future generations
- businesses flourish by renting a proportion of the resources outside the cap for extraction and production
- governments tax a percentage of these rents, funding a basic income for citizens and the restoration of depleted resources
- the power of decision-making returns to the people, enabling them to participate in the decisions that affect them directly
- the traditional property ownership model is eclipsed by a trusteeship model of sustainability, quality of life and well-being
- the lessons of community-based resource management have major implications for post-liberal forms of multilateralism and global governance.
Register now to be placed on the short list of the seminars of your choice. These lists are then sent to the Convener who will issue the formal invitation. To register in this way please send a £5 registration fee for each seminar - to cover flight/accommdation/honorarium for JBQ and venues/publicity.
as a cheque for 'School of Commoning- May seminars'
Peter Challen 21 Bousfield Rd. London SE14 5TP
pay by green DONATE NOW button on this general notice page http://schoolofcommoning.com/content/what-role-commons-economy - notifying me that you have done so.
Any queries - ring Peter Challen on 020 7207 0509.